Sunday, June 3, 2012

Breathtaking.


I hold my breath when I have to fart,
I hold my breath before a movie starts,
I hold my breath before a meeting,
I hold my breath till the tingles pass.

I hold my breath when I hear the dogs bark,
I hold my breath when I hear the slightest screech in the park.

I hold my breath when I cross the railway line,
I hold my breath before smelling the wine.

I hold my breath before I blow the candles,
I hold my breath when I see a rat in bundles.

I hold my breath to let the trailer pass,
I hold my breath till the rain touches my eyes.

I hold my breath when I see your name on the phone,
I hold my breath when we’re quiet, all alone.

I hold my breath to let the airplane glide,
I hold my breath when I suddenly realize:
God didn’t give me a big nose to hold it up with pride, no.
He gave it to me so I could have as many breathtaking moments of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment